The studies area is the core of the activities of the Institute and is always ready to offer support to Port Authorities to improve their efficiency. To this end, the Institute remains as permanent internal activity a Port System Observatory that can offer the necessary data at the national and international level. Special attention is paid to Short Sea Shipping, ports international connections and nautical sports and recreational boating.
- Strategic Port Planning.
- Port Area Planning. Design and Evaluation of Port Infrastructures.
- Economic and social impact of Ports. Port Economics. Market studies.
- Port Observatory. Sectoral studies. Traffic evolution.
- Port-City relations.
Most Significant References:
- TERCONMED - Container terminals as a key element of maritime transport.
- APV MERCADOS - Market research and business reports for the port of Valencia.
- APA ESTRATG - Strategic and Uses Plan of the Port of Alicante.
- APV-PUEP - Plan of use of port areas of the Port of Valencia.
- APV PLANIF - Infrastructure and port space planning of the Port of Valencia.
- SIMPYC - Environmental integration for ports and cities
- TTMCD - Study on requirements of a short sea shipping service terminal.
- ESTMCD - Strategy to promote short sea shipping in Valencia Region.